Trini's Reviews > The Girl is Murder

The Girl is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines

Jun 27, 12

Read from June 20 to 21, 2012

The Girl is Murder is an intriguing mystery about a clever young woman who decides to take matters into her own hands in order to figure out what happen to a boy who goes missing at her new school. This story takes place in the 1940’s. I have always been fascinated by different time periods of American history and this was a fun glimpse into the swing ear.

Our main character is Iris. A fifteen year old girl who’s life is chaotic since she has 1) lost her mother, the only person she depended on when her father was off in the war. 2) Her Pop has returned from Peal Harbor missing a leg and suffering from PTSD. 3) She’s dealing with the transition of moving from the Upper Eastside to the Lower Eastside since money has become a issue. 4) Tom, her fellow student has gone missing and 5) hanging out with the Rainbow’s is not good for anyone’s reputation especially not hers.

Iris has an natural eye for detective work. This talent seems to run in the family seeing as both her uncle Adam and father Art excel in that same line of work. When she finds out that her father is hired to solve the missing student case she wants to help. She sees that she may be able to get inside information if she finds a way to make friends with the Rainbows. The group of scrappy kids that Tom hung out with. So she takes a chance and steps up to the task but integrating herself to this rowdy group. Expect her father dose not approve of both her helping him and her hanging out with such a bad crowd. Determine to help her father solve this mystery she doesn‘t let anything get in her way.

Once we get down to the nitty gritty and the root of the mystery it was shocking and frustrating that some one can be so heartless. This book had my wheels spinning the whole time. It was an exciting read with an awesome setting. I’m ready to jump into the next book and see what adventure Iris has in store us!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl is Murder.