Autumn Review's Reviews > Heat Rises

Jun 29, 12

liked it
bookshelves: arc, review
Read from June 20 to 23, 2012

Alright. Where to begin and what to say? My friend Andrea and I found this book and decided it would be a perfect fit for our SSS. Well, it was. The plot isn't that strong, but there was plenty of smexy.

So, the story starts out with Laura stuck in a snowstorm. She becomes the damsel in distress, because she is supposed to be at an interview. As she contemplates her options, in walks in the man of her college fantasies. Ethan was the guy she drooled over in college. When she finally had the nerve to make a move, she was hammered. Ethan turned her down and she felt rejected and embarrassed for years. Turns out that Ethan only turned her down, because he didn't want to take advantage of her while she was drunk. Coincidentally, they're also going for the same job. With both of them being stuck in the storm, Ethan has the perfect solution. He takes Laura to his friend's cabin to wait out the storm. There is sexual tension in the air, so they make a deal to act on it ONLY while they're there. So, take a guess what happens once their time is up? Yep, that's the story in a nutshell.

Now the sex...it was pretty steamy. Laura and Ethan get down to business pretty early on. When I read the description and the way Laura talks about the fantasies she's had, you'd think there was going to be some serious kink coming on. WRONG. I mean, there is an interesting moment that involves maple syrup, but I keep thinking about how sticky that would be. Then there was the plumber fantasy. It was a bit cheesy leading into the fantasy, but once they got to the sex...it was pretty hot. Other than that, nothing too out of the ordinary. Pretty vanilla. My favorite was probably the shower. *wink* Ethan and Laura certainly have quite an appetite for each other. I mean, his stamina is something to be admired. That boy can work it.

Bottom line is the plot was weak, but the sex was pretty hot. If you need a quick sexy read, take a look at this one. I didn't have to put ice down my shirt or stick my head in the freezer, but it was sexy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Rises.