Steven Konkoly's Reviews > Wool Omnibus

Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey

Jul 19, 12

Read in June, 2012

What more can be said about Hugh Howey’s WOOL, right? I suspect readers have just barely scratched the surface. WOOL is a delightfully wicked post-apocalyptic story, packed with an even flowing, inexhaustible supply of cleverly crafted allegorical and symbolic devices. From the Silo itself to the division of classes, Howey develops an irresistible world with a jarring number of eye opening parallels to our own pre-apocalyptic existence.

Beyond this lies an engaging dystopian science fiction story, filled with intrigue, deception and hope. The deeper you dig into the series, the better it gets, though I have to admit that the first book in the series was by far my favorite. The job of Sheriff within the Silo reminded me of Sean Connery’s role as Marshall O’Niel, in the early eighties sci-fi classic Outland.

I agree that Howey’s Wool is destined to be a science fiction classic in the same vein as Heinlein, Bradbury or Asimov. I know this sounds lofty, but Wool has all of the suspenseful, thought provoking, well-developed elements that drew me into the science fiction classics. I look forward to future installments of the Wool series and to catching up on Howey’s books.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool Omnibus.

06/24/2012

Fiona You lucky thing - reading this fresh!!

Steven Konkoly For the first time in along while, I feel fortunate to have been late to the party...I could never have patiently waited for the five stories to be released. This is a fantastic story.

Fiona Cracking Review - wish I could write em like that!!