Erika's Reviews > The Iron Legends

The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa

Jun 20, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-releases, faeries, novellas, read-in-2012, magic, pov-alternating, stayed-up-late-to-finish, four-stars, reviewed, crush-worthy-guys, paranormal, fantasy, young-adult
Recommended for: Fans of Iron Fey and people planning of reading The Lost Prince
Read on September 01, 2012

So I think I need to get something out of my system first...
That Puck on the cover is not Puck! He's a Puck wannabe! Where is Puck's read hair and while I was looking at the cover I thought his eyes were blue (I'm not sure if they are just extremely light green or actually blue). He also looks like he's glaring at Meghan or he's in pain. No! That is not Puck. I...I'm disappointed. There was a better Puck on the back of my copy of The Iron Knight!

Ok I'm done.

So I already read Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing so I'm just going to talk about Iron's Prophecy and the Guide to the Nevernever. Be warned if you have not finished the Iron Fey series I suggest you look away now. There could be unavoidable spoilers!

It's really hard to review something that was so short but I'm going to try.

Iron's Prophecy is the perfect book to transition into The Lost Prince. While I was reading The Lost Prince I was wondering what Ash and Meghan were hiding but this novella clears all that up. Iron's Prophecy is basically all about Meghan's son. This novella alone deserves five stars even though it was short. It was just so good! And it had Ash, Meghan, and Puck.

Well there's just so many parts with Ash and Meghan that almost made my heart stop. Why do you have to be so hot Ash? I loved reading about Ash and Meghan while they were married. But as much as I love Iron Fey I think its time to move to new characters or a book all about Puck not just a novella.

There was also this handy little guide to the Nevernever. I read it all and it was good but I almost fell asleep when they were describing the places. It might have something to do with the fact that I was reading at midnight. I'd say read the guide because I loved most of it. I just didn't like how the description of the places was just excerpts from the books. But I found it very useful because I plan on finding a trod one day.

There was also some drawings for Ash, Puck, and Grimalkin! So adorable! I recommend reading Iron's Prophecy before you read The Lost Prince. I feel like The Iron Legends is a must for Iron Fey fans because all three novellas are now in paperback and there's extra stuff at the end.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Legends.

Quotes Erika Liked

Julie Kagawa
“Robin Goodfellow, for all his pranks and mischief, was the sweetest, most noble person I’d ever known, and I’d missed him terribly.”

Julie Kagawa
“I glared at Grimalkin, calmly washing his paws on a nearby rock. "That's just fabulous. And you expect us to kill that things? It's the size of Walmart.”

Julie Kagawa
“How are you doing this?" I continued, frowning at him. "And if you say 'I am a cat.' I swear I will throw you off this balcony.”

Julie Kagawa
“It's our first Elysium together, Ash. They'll be expecting us. Both of us."
He moaned and grabbed another pillow, covering his eyes.
"No playing hooky and insulting the Winter Queen. I'm not doing this by myself." I took the second pillow, tossing it on the floor, and mock-glared at him. "Up."
He regarded me with a wry smile. "You're awfully perky for someone who kept me up all night."
"Hey, you started it remember?”

09/01/2012 page 183
60.0% "I've already read Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing so I just skipped to Iron's Prophecy and so far its so good but its so short!"
09/01/2012 page 190
63.0% "Noooooo! Ethan can't die! If her son kills Ethan I will no longer like him. Oh wait this is only a possible future. It's all good!"
09/01/2012 page 199
65.0% "Haha Ash changing diapers! Can not picture that."
09/01/2012 page 203
67.0% "This is just so adorable! Love the Grimalkin drawing! If I ever get a cat his name will be Grimalkin and he will be the awesomest cat ever."
09/01/2012 page 304
100.0% "I have no idea how to rate this..."

message 1: by Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥ (last edited Sep 02, 2012 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥ The Puck on each book is the same model. I think he's cute.

Erika Yeah but on this cover he doesn't look like Puck. He doesn't have red hair.

Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥ His hair was brown on The Iron Knight too. And Ash's eyes were blue instead of silver. But its ok cuz they are both cute. :P

Erika I thought it was red. Well they are both cute so I guess that makes it a little better!