Gretchen's Reviews > Trickster's Choice

Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce

Jun 23, 12

bookshelves: high-and-urban-fantasy
Read from June 20 to 22, 2012

Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce is about Aly, a 16 year-old girl who lives in Tortall with her spy father and her famous warrior mother. Aly is kidnapped and sold as a slave to a noble family who hold a vital role in the future of the kingdom. Aly makes a deal with the trickster god to keep the family's children alive until the summer ends, in which case she can go home to her family and maybe finally get to be a spy like she wants to. Also, the crows are helping, and one crow in particular is very interested in Aly.

I've been looking at this book in the library ever since I started going to the library, but I never picked it up and I don't know why because it was amazing. I also had no idea that this was about Alanna the lioness's daughter. My older sister used to read those books; I think we might actually have one in the basement.

But anyway, this book was so awesome. I was really confused at first because there's a lot of history and geography in the first couple pages, but it's really easy to get into the story without fully understanding the background.

Aly's a really great character. She's extremely clever and she's witty and funny. I kind of desperately want to be her. She's also a normal teenage girl; she likes kissing and laughing. My only question is: Aly? That's such a normal name, and it feels very weird against names like Nawat, Bronau, and Fesgao.

I would recommend this book to literally everyone. It was very intriguing and I loved the characters and the story. I can't wait to read book two, and my only disappointment is that it's only a duology and not a trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trickster's Choice.

06/20/2012 page 15
06/21/2012 page 215
46.0% "Lovinggg this book."
show 3 hidden updates…