Lori's Reviews > Confessions of a Scary Mommy: An Honest and Irreverent Look at Motherhood: The Good, The Bad, and the Scary

Confessions of a Scary Mommy by Jill Smokler

F 50x66
Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: to-read

This book was OK. Apparently this author has her own "mommy blog". The best part of the book were the short "anonymous confessions" that her blog readers have put on her blog. She included 15 or so of them at the start of each chapter. They are the kind of things that real moms can relate to and laugh at when they hear it has happened to someone else. For example, "Just got back from a weeklong vacation with my family to realize I'm not in a single picture. Was I even freaking there?!" Or, "I forgot today was picture day at school. Yes, my child is the one with uncombed hair and unbrushed teeth."

On the other hand, there are those confessions that make you realize maybe you don't have it quite so bad like this one, "You know it's bad when the baby tries to nurse a fat roll instead of a boob. My number one reason for not wanting to have a thrid baby is that I pee my pants pretty much every day since my second was born two years ago. At this rate, my kids will soon be more potty-trained than I am." Hilarious, but sadly true for this poor mom. Glad that one's not me, but relatable enough that I can find the sad humor in it.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Scary Mommy.