Sophia 's Reviews > Unintended

Unintended by M.J. O'Shea

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read in June, 2012

This was an interesting novella told both in past/present and from both character's points of view. I really enjoyed this sweet story of how Alex, the new kid,lonely, rich boy and Taylor, the grew up there all his life average kid came together first as friends and then as lovers. It was a tender coming of age and coming out of the closet story.

The plot starts in the present when Alex and Taylor are men and have been married for ten years. They have just refurbished and moved into their first home. There are flashbacks to their senior year of highschool when Alex's family moves to town and the two boys become friends at a getting to know you party at Alex's house. Alex is gay and falls for Taylor right away, but he must wait as Taylor goes through the terrifying discovery that he doesn't just want to be best friends with Alex, he wants to be boyfriends. Taylor and Alex grow close and it develops into love, but there is one more step Taylor must take. He is out to his friends, but Alex wants them to be out to everyone and Taylor is just not ready. A sudden change in Alex's dad's job that will send them to Japan forces a decision on Taylor. Alex will either stay with Taylor to finish school and go off to college together or go with his folks to Japan depending on Taylor acknowledging their relationship. Will Taylor let his chance at happiness slip away or will he grasp it with both hands?

There are fun sweet moments, intense hot moments, and moments that just twisted my heart into knots because I really loved Alex and Taylor. I felt sorry for both of them particularly Taylor. I think he came a long way in a short amount of time. He went from thinking he was straight to a full blown relationship with Alex in a few months. He's still processing things when a gaybashing incident rattles him. So I didn't blame the guy for needing some time. I enjoyed how Alex is sweet and gentle with Taylor, but so eager to be together. For teens, they were pretty mature about the relationship stuff.

So I would recommend for those who like friends to lovers contemporary m/m romance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unintended.