ElaineY's Reviews > The Trust

The Trust by Shira Anthony

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: mm, romantic-suspense, e-library, covert-ops-undercover
Read from July 22 to 27, 2012

This could have been quite brilliant if not for the awfully messy way of telling the story. I enjoyed the romance between Jake and Trace even though it was low-key through most of the book. This part - the romance - was what kept me reading, as well as being interested to know what really was happening. I did care about the two men, I cared about their developing relationship, I wanted to see them get their HEA.

...and while I was happy with the HEA, personally I thought the story was horribly written. A pity, that...could have been a great book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trust.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

ElaineY Kate wrote: "This looks different. I might have to try it. Have you read anything by this author?"

No, I haven't, though I do have another book by Shira Anthony, Blue Notes. Haven't read that either.

Let me know how The Trust turns out. One of the reviews mentioned that it was originally fanfic. Let me know how it is as you'll get to it before me. I took a peek and it's one of those 'back-and-forth' stories between the real guy and his sim counterpart, I think. That lowered my excitement as I do not like stories like that.

I'll wait for your review to decide whether to bump it up or down.

ElaineY Hard to find a book to follow after Blackwell's Inferno so this one's as good as any to try.

message 4: by Matimate (new)

Matimate Good goal. I cross fingers for you to reach it :)

ElaineY I'm waiting/hoping for someone to give me a detailed synopsis of this book because I don't know what the heck was/is happening.

I'm almost done and I like it, overall - if I could follow what was going on!