Liza's Reviews > The Second Empress : A Novel of Napoleon's Court

The Second Empress  by Michelle Moran

Jul 05, 2012

bookshelves: netgalley, contemporary-novels, history, kindle
Read from June 26 to July 05, 2012

Michelle Moren did it again. She created another master piece which focuses on the Napoleonic Era and the Second Empress of France.

After divorcing Josephine for not being able to provide him with an heir and her continuous infidelity, Napoleon embarks on a search to find the ideal match that could provide him with a successor to inherit the crown.
The story is based on three perspectives: Marie Louise, Empress of France, Pauline Bonaparte who was Napoleon’s sister, and Pauline’s assistant – Paul Moreau.
The most intriguing character in the story I would have to say is Pauline. We see her obsession with her brother and how she wishes to become the Empress of France by marrying her brother.

I enjoyed this book very much. It’s a historic continuation of where I left off after reading Madame Tussaud. I do hope that Ms. Moran will continue writing historical novels because she has the ability to captivate you with her writing skills and her story telling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Empress .