Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Aftertaste

Aftertaste by Stephanie Lawton

Jun 20, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, contemporary-romance
Read in June, 2012

Break my heart even more Isaac, why don't you?

This short is an alternate PoV scene from the book Want. If you haven't read Want yet, I'd wait to read Aftertaste because it won't really hit home unless you know what's going on in the original book.

I fell hard for the broken Isaac. Life had thrown him a bad lot and he was unable to fully deal with reality. His feelings for Juli were bittersweet to watch.

Inside the closet is a different me : formal, casual, business casual, and work, all on hangers spaced an inch apart, each smelling like the fabric softener I measure out like an antidote. It's always been a habit, but it became a religion the day she buried her face in my shoulder and found solace there.

I really wish we could see Isaac's PoV after the book OR...even better would be to get a second book about Isaac (view spoiler) I'm sending a beg to the author in requesting this!

I'd done nothing wrong. I still haven't done anything wrong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftertaste.

Rebecca Espinoza Oh, I didn't know about this one! Thank you, I'm definitely going to read it now!

Stacia (the 2010 club) If you go to the book's page, it has a link under the summary of the site you can get it at. Amber pointed it out to me. It only took me 5 minutes to read it.

Rebecca Espinoza Thank you! Loved it! I wish there was more from his pov. Maybe the next book will be (if there is a next book, oh I hope so!)

Stacia (the 2010 club) I think his book would be such a great idea. (view spoiler) We might need to band together and ask the author nicely for an Isaac book.

message 5: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara I didn't know about this either! I really enjoyed Want so I'm happy to see this. Thanks!

Stacia (the 2010 club) YW! I loved Isaac, even if he was flawed.

message 7: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara I did, too. Dave was cool, but I've always been all about the tortured ones a la Mr. Rochester. He and Heathcliff ruined me for the bright, sunny ones. ;-)

Rebecca Espinoza I liked Issac too, but loved Dave. Still, I'm not sure if I liked the way it ended though, it kind of felt like the two who eneded up together didn't really fit. I'm hoping the next book will take place in Boston and the relationships between all three of them can be explored more. I'm interested in how the friendship between Issac and Dave stands now.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I appreciated the ending and was more than okay with it even though I wanted it to turn out the other way. It was one of those times where I thought my desires were more romantic but less practical, if that makes sense.

Stacia (the 2010 club) And your last sentence Rebecca is another reason why I want a follow up book with (view spoiler)

Rebecca Espinoza Yeah, I am a big fan of the groveling hero, that is why I hope the one who needs to do some groveling is still going for Julianne in the next one. Wish I knew how to do that hide spoiler thing, I have yet to figured it out. :0)

Stacia (the 2010 club) [image error]

Stacia (the 2010 club) It's too funny because I had just used that pic in another person's review, so I had it handy and ready to paste here.

Rebecca Espinoza Oh, well that is too easy! Thank you! Ok, so to try it out, (view spoiler)

Super jazzed that I know how to do that now!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I agree with everything you said. It was probably important at this time though that (view spoiler)

Rebecca Espinoza I think we def need to beg Stephanie Lawton to write the second book in Issac's pov. I am dying to dig deeper into his brain now! I so badly want to know what he was thinking at the end of the book. That would be a perfect place to pick up the next one, (view spoiler)

As you can see, I am going to be using these spoiler tags all the time now, probably even when it is not needed. :0)

Stacia (the 2010 club) Think it would be awkward if I went and made a comment on her profile?

Rebecca Espinoza No, I don't think so at all! She'd probably be excited that people are so interested in her characters!

message 19: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jun 22, 2012 05:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stacia (the 2010 club) I think I'm gonna do it!

*edit* nm. I can't. I'm not her friend. Gonna shoot her a mail instead.

Rebecca Espinoza Yay, let me know what she says! I just want to know when the next book will be out. I didn't see anything on her profile, gonna check her website.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Okay, I just mailed her. We'll see what she says!

message 22: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jun 23, 2012 12:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stacia (the 2010 club) Okay fans. I asked the lovely author of the book if there would be any sort of follow up for the "other" person in the story who didn't have closure and was told this :

As for a follow-up, there aren't any plans right now. I suppose if enough people ask I might start brainstorming, but my publisher would have to be on board, too.

So there we go. If you want more from Ms. Lawton, make sure to let her know (and maybe try to pimp out Want so it gets enough sales to warrant a companion!).

Rebecca Espinoza Thanks! I am going to send her a message right now! I NEED closure, darn it!!

message 24: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Because of our love for Isaac, here's more of his story Need by Stephanie Lawton. I hope he gets what we want he deserves. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) Oooh...I want to read that. Thanks for letting me know!