Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > House of Night

House of Night by P.C. Cast

House of Night: The Graphic Novel. First question, why the hell would anyone waste their time, effort and money on a House of Night graphic novel? Milking the cow much? No, TOTAL FAIL.

However, even the awesome graphic work can't fix the absolutely terrible story, crappy dialogues and horrible characters that belong to P.C. Cast.

Oh, I’m sorry. I just noticed that I mentioned the word “story” in the same phrase as P.C. Cast. My bad, P.C. Cast doesn’t write stories, she writes down unimportant sounds that teenagers make when they want extra attention because they realized that they have crazy hormones controlling their bodies.

The next part is taken from P.C. Cast’s intro of House of Night #1.
WOW! The making of a Graphic Novel is a complex, crazy, creative, and absolutely satisfying experience!

Seeing Zoey, Stevie Rae, Damien, Aphrodite, and the twins come to life, along with the school and even the secondary players (Nala! Dragon Lankford! Persephone!) had Kent and me tearing up with emotion, especially as we saw the different and exquisite artistic interpretations of the Goddess of Night herself, Nyx. IT'S JUST SO DAMN COOL!

ARC courtesy of Dark Horse Comics via NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House of Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aly is so frigging bored At least it looks pretty :))

message 2: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. Cool cover.

message 3: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer It's a lie. It will eat your soul!!

Aly is so frigging bored =)))))))))))))))))))))

I think I'll try anyway, and then we'll compare notes :D

message 5: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Did you read the book(s)?

Aly is so frigging bored No, and I won't, even the hot covers won't make me :D

message 7: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Don't. And don't read this. Don't touch anything that's written by these Cast creatures.

Cæcilie I don't see why you even read this grafic novel, when you don't even like P.C Cast...