Sandra's Reviews > The Possession of Cassie Quinn

The Possession of Cassie Quinn by Kathryn Knutson

Jul 09, 12

Read from July 05 to 09, 2012

I'll admit, I haven't been accepting many author review requests recently because I'm so backed up with other books I want to read and review, but something about the plot description of The Possession of Cassie Quinn really, really appealed to me, as did the creepy cover. The cover looks like something out of a horror movie and the book fell right in line with that - as the strange happenings around Cassie's new home got more and more serious, I could easily picture this book being made into a terrifying horror movie.

The book drew me in and after the first fifty or so pages. I really didn't want to put it down so I finished reading it on the plane home from Juneau today and immediately began thinking about how I was going to review it. Like I said, the book is filled with creepy happenings that gave me goosebumps, but don't be afraid of it if horror isn't really your thing. The plot also focuses on family dynamics and a little hint of a romance, so I think there's something in it for most YA fans.

A note about the ending: I LOVED IT. I thought it ended perfectly and it really got me hooked to the point where I'm really looking forward to next June when I can read the sequel.

Four stars! The Possession of Cassie Quinn gave me goosebumps... it was absolutely enthralling! Kathryn Knutson really knows how to write a book that makes you want to check under your bed before you get in it. If you love creepy YA fiction, you need to put The Possession of Cassie Quinn on your TBR list immediately. I highly recommend it and I'll be looking forard to the sequel next summer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Possession of Cassie Quinn.

07/09/2012 page 189