Tami's Reviews > Hiss and Hers

Jun 20, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways, 2012

I haven't received my copy yet, just received notice I had won. 6/20/12
Received 6/29/12 and hope to start soon. Have 4 others plus current read in front.
Started 7/8/12
Finished 7/10/12

Agatha Raisin is at it again. She has become hopelessly infatuated with George, the local handy man/gardener. Unfortunately so have half the women in the village and he doesn't seemed interested in Agatha. So what does she do? Organized a charity ball for the town. But when George doesn't show up after promising he would, Agatha goes looking for him. She finds his body in a compost heap; death due to snake bites. His sister then hires Agatha's detective agency into finding who murdered George.

I was excited to start this book. I love mystery and crime novels. Seeing that this was book 20 something of a series made me think these would be great reads. I was disappointed. It wasn't a horrible book, I just had much higher expectations and it fell flat. I can't see how Agatha is successful or even competent as a detective. I mostly just wanted to slap some sense into her. But in all fairness, I haven't read any of the others, and maybe it is a cultural thing. I am used to high crime, big city, flashy stuff, and this took place in a small village in England somewhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hiss and Hers.

Donald Believe me this follows the same formula as all the rest and by book 23 it's wearing thin!