Cami Hensley's Reviews > Summer Nights

Summer Nights by Susan Mallery

Jun 20, 2012

bookshelves: romance
Read in June, 2012

Those who have followed my blog for a while now know that I am a huge fan of Susan Mallery and her Fool's Gold series. I was extremely fortunate to get another ARC from the series!

First impressions can be detrimental. Annabelle lives up to the librarian name, she is sweet and reserved. Unfortunately, Shane catches his first glimpse of her during the worst possible moment. Annabelle is desperate to find someone to perform a sacred dance on a horse for the sake of her fundraiser. Out at a bar, but not drunk, she gets up on a bar to show the girls what it looks like.

Shane witnesses her dance and is immediately turned on by her. If he hadn't had enough of that TYPE of woman in his life, then he would definitely be all for her. Since he has dealt with the heartache a woman like her causes, he decides he needs to just ignore her.

Talked into training a friend of a friend to ride, Shane is shocked to meet Annabelle, a librarian?? He is determined to not have one pulled over on him and immediately gives the cold shoulder. Unfortunately Annabelle has a way or getting to him in the best possible way.

I just loved the premise of this book. I liked how Mallery had a slow and steady pace for their romance. They both have a lot of baggage from their divorces, so it's nice to see them working though their issues.

Shane is so stuck in his ways as a horse trainer that it is really sweet to see him open up and become a bigger part of the community. The way that Annabelle helps him and her passion for book and Fool's Gold is unparalleled. I really believe they compliment eachother perfectly.

Be ready for some steamy scenes in this one. Mallery does not dissappoint in that area! Another great addition to the Fool's Gold Series that you will not want to miss! Contemporary Romance at it's best!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Nights.