Kevin's Reviews > Acceleration

Acceleration by Graham McNamee

Dec 18, 2008

bookshelves: edgar-awards, mystery-thrillers, favorites, canada, shelly
Read in October, 2008

Duncan works in a "lost and found" for the transit authority in Toronto. In a moment of boredom, he picks up a brown leather journal someone left on the train and starts to read. The journal describes acts of arson and other violence and shows newspaper clippings of the events. Reading further, Duncan discovers the author is planning a murder. He goes to the cops but is ignored and decides he must save the murderer's targets.

This book was a "read in one gulp" story. I could not put it down! The chapter endings literally drag you to the next lines. The show down with the killer is so well done I found my heart pounding. What a suspenseful and fabulous book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acceleration.

BROOTAL I read this book when I was in 7th grade and I fell in love with it. I also love the fact how it has so much suspense and action. I very much agree with you in "read in one gulp" , because I almost never stop reading it until I got done with it. My heart started to pound when Darwin went inside of the killer's house. I believe that this book will take you in a killer's mind! I loved this book a lot!

message 2: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Vargas I remember reading this book too and i thought it was interesting and the book has a good conflict. This book has a good meaning, if you know what I mean.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah um his name is Duncan not Darwin.

Raphael ye its not Darwin its Duncan, we are riding this book at school right know and I love it!