Brandi's Reviews > Dark Frost

Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: mythology, romance, series, own
Read in June, 2012

The Mythos Academy is one of those series that just gets better and better. The edition of Dark Frost to the line up was no different. A lot goes down in this newest installment. The mythology is more complex, relationships are tested, and readers will find out just who the characters really are. Ms. Frost starts the book out with a big, blood battle, bang and keeps readers on their toes. One of my favorite things about this book was all of the mystery. Little hints about who the Reapers are and what happened in the past are littered throughout the book. What makes me love it so much is that I'm able to make predictions about what is going to happen and be wrong about it. Too many books are predictable these days. Unlike the first two books Dark Frost is lighter on the romance. There is more of a focus on Gwen finding out who she is and what she is capable of. There was a lack of Logan as well as Daphne and Carson that I missed. They were present in the book, but weren't as involved in what was going on with Gwen. However, this was made up for with the appearance from a character in the last book! I absolutely loved this character (keeping the character as a surprise). The ending of Dark Frost was out there. I never saw it coming and might have even inspired some emotions in me (tears)! Poor Gwen just can't seem to get a break. Crimson Frost #4 can't come soon enough and having the excerpt from chapter one made me want to read it even more.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Frost.