Pete daPixie's Reviews > Manchester's Finest: How the Munich air disaster broke the heart of a great city

Manchester's Finest by David Hall

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: footie
Read from July 05 to 08, 2012

Of all the books that I have read concerning the 1958 Munich disaster, David Hall's book is the most intimate account. 'Manchester's Finest' provides a young supporters view of the exploits of the 1956-58 United team and tells how the Munich air disaster broke the heart of a great city.
I found this 2008 publication to be the most personal memoir, with detail of everyday life in the 1950's that brought back many memories for me. I also recall many of the places in Manchester that the author describes...though some have changed, some forever not for better, some have gone and some remain.
A great and unique read, that provides much detail of the 1958 season, both pre and post Munich, which includes media and press reactions as well as personal accounts from supporters that are not found in other books that cover this story.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manchester's Finest.

07/07/2012 page 183