Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books's Reviews > Prey

Prey by Andrea Speed

Jun 20, 12

Read on June 20, 2012

Andrea Speed’s Infected: Prey is two novellas published as one book. The worldbuilding that happens in these books is astounding. Ms Speed takes a new look at an old genre, shapeshifters, and makes it into something fresh and totally creative.
There are a number of positives to mention about this book. The worldbuilding is superb, possibly one of the best examples I’ve seen. The plot is unique and creative, and it flows well. The character development has depth and you feel like you *know* these people, from the main characters to the secondary ones. Unfortunately, character development is not entirely a positive.
When every secondary character is given the full-on introduction and description, it tends to take me out of the story to try to figure out whether this is someone I need to pay attention to, is this a red herring, or is this simply TMI.
INFECTED: PREY are two very good novellas for the price of one book, and I truly enjoyed reading them. I am eagerly looking forward to the next book in the series.

Please see my complete review, an interview with Andrea Speed, and an opportunity to comment to win a copy of the book on June 27, 2012 at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prey.