Cassandra's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Jun 20, 2012

bookshelves: done, favorites, fun, kensington
Read in July, 2012

Ok, I’m extremely late with this review, and I apologize, but I had a lot of family stuff going on, and I’ve just now, finally gotten time to finish it.

I have been working on getting this book read for almost 3 weeks now, since it first arrived in the mail, and I decided to take a day to finish it.

First, I’ve got to say, I loved it! But then, I knew I would, I have gotten pretty good at choosing books over the last couple months, and I, being somewhat of a southerner, knew this sort of thing would be right up my alley.

Demon Hunting in the Deep South, is about a girl who, like me, has body issues, and is very self-conscious, she doesn’t believe in herself, and yet she has so much power, that she isn’t even aware. Something traumatic has happened to her, and in her best interest, the love of her life, took her memories, a huge mistake as we later find, because Evie (Evangeline) is a force to be reckoned with.

This is perhaps one of the best love stories I’ve read in awhile, and I’ve read a lot of romances, so that’s something. I loved Ansgar, and his brother Brand and of course, Addy, and Nicole, the other characters in the story, and then there’s Muddy, Shep, and Lenora…so really, I loved everyone…alright, I’m drooling, sorry. But I really did love this book, and I wish I hadn’t taken so long to read it. Lexi George has definitely made a spot for herself on the list of authors I look for.

That being said, I highly recommend this book, to others like me, who love romance, and of course a good murder mystery. I did have a moment, when I thought maybe the dialogue was a bit immature, some of the words supposedly used by southerners, not as known as I’d like them to be, but overall, it was fantastic. I look forward to more from this author, and especially any in this series. Happy Reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.