Jennifer (aka EM)'s Reviews > We Have Always Lived in the Castle

Aug 30, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: novellas
Read from October 23 to 25, 2012

So, is Shirley Jackson the love child of Alfred Hitchcock and Tim Burton or what?

Seriously freaky and really, really good - because the characters, beyond eccentric, are also portrayed as victims entirely worthy of sympathy. Even (view spoiler)
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Have Always Lived in the Castle.

10/23/2012 "this seems good and halloweenie." 11 comments

Jason Can't wait to click that spoiler button!

Jennifer (aka EM) On its way today!

Jason You are amazing. Thank you.

message 4: by Jennifer (aka EM) (last edited Oct 26, 2012 06:05AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer (aka EM) not at all - I should warn you, there are bite marks on the first half and the bottom of p.53/54 has been chewed fairly thoroughly. Have repaired so it is readable.

xoxoxox, Oliver

Jason Aw, that's cute. I'll continue the tradition for Oliver's sake. I'll bite off a few pages before sending it on to the next person. =)

message 6: by Jennifer (aka EM) (last edited Oct 26, 2012 06:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer (aka EM) hahaha. Comrades in ... teeth. He appreciates the gesture.

message 7: by Jennifer (aka EM) (last edited Oct 26, 2012 09:10AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer (aka EM) I have effected a bloody ingenious repair. When you see the damaged paragraphs, I know you are going to agree that they are too important not to fix so you could read them carefully. :-)

Jason I just received it today! Deckled edges and Oliver chewings. How unique! Thanks a million, Jen. I'm looking forward to reading it. =)

Jennifer (aka EM) glad you rec'd it! yes, what you have there is a one of a kind edition!