Sandra's Reviews > Darker After Midnight

Darker After Midnight by Lara Adrian

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: lara-adrian, library-books, pnr-uf, vampires, challenges-2012, own
Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

This is the 10th book in the series and the culmination of a big story arc. Right to the end I had thought this was the final book in the series, but there are at least 2 more in the works.

Stirling "Harvard" Chase is a warrior for the Order, on the brink of bloodlust, which is pretty poor timing as Dragos's War is imminent.

Chase goes AWOL and the Order gives up on him. But there is one redeeming feature to Chase, his determination to kill Dragos. He also has a fascination with Tavia Fairchild, even though she sics the cops on him when he starts shooting at a big political party.

Tavia Fairchild, is the PA to a popular Senator, until he becomes the Minion of Dragos, and Chase has to save her from minions and Dragos. What does Dragos want with Tavia? In her kidnapping all is revealed. And wow I never saw that coming.

Lots of action, rogue vampires running amok in the streets, babies & kids everywhere.

This was a very satifying end to the story arc and I'm interested to see where this world building is going next. Obviously Tavia's 2 half-sisters will have to feature, along with Lucan and his new political powers.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darker After Midnight.

07/30/2012 page 41
07/31/2012 page 353
87.0% "Rogue vampires are running amok!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

Kimberly This sounds so much better than my review!

Sandra Thanks Kimberly, tried not to put any spoilers in, while still giving the flavour of the book. Also it helps me remember which book is which. LOL.

I loved your allusion to the hidden island lair and the olympics, very topical :DDD