Celise Winters's Reviews > Every Other Day

Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Jun 19, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in June, 2012

Go here to find the complete review: http://incandescentenchantments.blogs...

This book blew me away! I was expecting an easy read, the plot probably taking place over 24 hours, as Kali searched for a cure. Boy, was I wrong! Kali saving Bethany(the popular girl), was only about a third of the book.

There are not enough words to describe Every Other Day. This book played with my emotions so much that by the end of the book, there were tears in my eyes. No book in a long time has made me feel this way. You're wondering why I cried, right? Well, the only thing I can say is this: I got attached to the wrong character.

The mystery of Kali could be figured out pretty easily. I won't say, because you don't actually find out until halfway through the book, and I most definitely do not want to ruin it. But, like I said, you should be able to figure out the kind of "creature" that Kali is.

As for the characters, I loved Kali! I couldn't help but fall for this kick-but heroine. She's strong, even though she has a messed up family, and has no idea what in the world she is. Kali always feels alone in the world, like she doesn't belong, but she doesn't go around moping. Instead, she slays all types of paranormal creatures. How could you not like her?

I could go on and on about Every Other Day, but I'll stop here. Let me just say this again. This book moved me to tears. No book should be able to do that, and not get five stars. This is one of my all time favorite books! I'll be checking out the other books that Miss Barnes has written. Since Every Other Day isn't in a series that I know of, I'll have to console myself with her other books. Take heed, this is not a light read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Other Day.