James Bingham's Reviews > The Kings of Cool

The Kings of Cool by Don Winslow

Jul 25, 12

Read from July 01 to 04, 2012

I liked the story and enjoyed learning more about Ben and Chon's past, but I hadn't been finished with it for a week before I began forgetting bits and pieces from it. Because Winslow was intent on showing us how EVERY major character from Savages got to where they were in that book, he could only raise the stakes so high in this one. In the end it felt like an extended prologue more than anything else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kings of Cool.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

David Owen how are you finding it? I just started the audiobook today. So far it's good, not Savages good yet but cool.

James Bingham I'm only 100 pages in so the story's just getting going. I like it so far. I haven't read Savages yet (I wanted to read this one first) but from everything I've heard this won't be as good as that. I think this was written more to show why Ben, Chon, and O are the way they are. So in that sense it feels more like half a story, or maybe an extended prologue.

David Owen yeah that's kind of the sense I'm getting too. I'm sure it will have it's own charm though.