karen's Reviews > Once

Once by Anna Carey

Jun 19, 2012

bookshelves: to-get-from-liberry

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once.

message 1: by Celeste (new)

Celeste What's liberry? Also don't. Unless you enjoy being pissed off, alot.

message 2: by karen (new) - added it

karen ha! it's for books i plan on getting from the library. because i did not like the first one enough to shell out for another book in the series, but i'm curious enough to continue. although so much time has passed, my curiosity may also have passed.

message 3: by Celeste (new)

Celeste I don't know where the library over here is anymore. I miss the smell of books. Though I can't complain about ebooks too much. It's the only thing I can read in the shower (i dno if thats weird). Im really sleepy or I would rant more about eve, mind you i dont remember much of the half of the second book I read. It's been awhile.

message 4: by karen (new) - added it

karen wait, e-readers are waterproof?? this changes everything!

yeah, i it seems silly for me to buy specific kinds of YA books - books i can read in an hour whose plots aren't lasting but are simply fun and part of a series i am still interested in following. but i dropped so many series that who knows if i will ever go back to them. i didn't mean to, but things happen, and now that i don't work at the bookstore anymore where i could borrow hardcovers and they were just right there, where it was easy to just say "you and you and you." but now... they are far from me...

message 5: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Well in china/japan they probably are. I have a shelf far away enough from the shower that i dont wet it too much. Though someone should look into that.

That can happen. Also i have shit memory so i never remember what Ive read . Once just sits on my shelf taunting me. It's really not helping its case.

Have you read the parasol protectorate series? i know i could go check on your book list but that feels like stalking. also im too lazy.i keep recommending that series to everyone. it is brilliant! or well i think so anyway. if i say the protagonist (did i spell that right?) sounds alot like you, im sure you'll agree about how fantastic it is.

message 6: by karen (new) - added it

karen i have not read those. that's the YA version of her adult series, right ?(which i also have not read) i like the covers, and i think the author herself looks fun, all strolling round town with her parasol... i just haven't explored them. but by your last sentence (yes, spelled correctly (: ) well, how could it not be the best?

message 7: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Actually i think that is the adult series, the ya one would be espionage and etiquette. also fun btw. and it is it is the best! She should totally hire me as her pa.

message 8: by karen (new) - added it

karen haahah! i will check it out, then, thanks! but now i gotta go see mockingjay! whee!