Tanis's Reviews > Dealing with Dragons

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

Oct 16, 08

Read in October, 2008

I found this book at the library and I was so excited because I read it a couple of times when I was younger, in 4th or 5th grade I think. So it's a kid's book but it is so much fun. Great fantasy and tons of humor. You can't help but laugh, at least I couldn't! Funny story related to this book. Back when I first read this, when I was younger, like I said, I had a friend my age who also read it. Well, she and I happened to have some little plastic toy dragons and wizards and we'd use them to act out this book. We gave them all the right names and our biggest dragon was Kazul. I believe we had to improvise on the princesses... we might have used a Barbie doll for Cimorene... but it was such a kick. Great book! I'll have to try and track down the rest of the series!
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dealing with Dragons.

message 1: by Danforthkelly (new)

Danforthkelly You're reading reading Dealing with Dragons? AWESOME!!!!! This whole series is one of my favorite reads in the entire WORLD!!!!! tell me everything you think about it when you're done!

Tanis Kelly! Yay! I actually thought of you as I was reading this - seems like a book you would love! I did too! I'm about to write my review on it, check it out! :)

message 3: by Danforthkelly (new)

Danforthkelly Some of the best books in the world are juvenile literature. I love them! I'd lend you my copies if I was around. I own the whole series, but I left them at home. Tragedy! lol, I wish I could have joined in those games. Kazul is AWESOME!

Tanis Hey we can still play someday! Let's get ahold of some dragon toys and we'll go all out. :) We'll never be too old to play!

message 5: by Danforthkelly (new)

Danforthkelly I completely agree! wizards vs dragons! of course, the dragons will win because they're cooler, but that's all part of the fun!