Steph's Reviews > The Prince

The Prince by Tiffany Reisz

2142019
The Prince could've been called The Princes because it's really the story of not one, but two princes. Wesley, the Prince of Kentucky and Kingsley Edge, Le Petit Prince. Wesley's nickname comes from his family's wealth. He's the sole heir to the largest horse farm in the world, which is news to Nora. Kingsley grew up being treated like a little prince and being read Le Petit Prince every night by his mother. Both are very important men in Nora's life.

Søren and Kingsley head North to try to unravel what may be a threat - a photo of the two from their Catholic school days. Who sent the photo and Why? No way to be certain, so they go back to the place to where it all began, Saint Ignatius. During their time there, Kingsley takes us on a journey into the past where we learn how they both ended up at Saint Ignatius, how they met, and why they have a push/pull relationship still to this day. We see the past through Kingsley's eyes. As their story unravels, we begin to (or try to) understand Søren a bit more.

While the boys are up North, Nora heads South, out of harms way, to Kentucky with Wesley. He's overjoyed at having Nora by his side, but he's a bit nervous about having her at his home. He's never felt like the Prince of Kentucky. But, he hopes their time together will convince Nora that she's meant to be with him and see that he can offer her more than Søren ever could.

Nora is living up to the description we were given in THE SIREN:
She flirts, she teases, she confesses everything but reveals nothing

It seems that her bad-ass exterior is a way to protect her vulnerabilities. She's free in so many ways - sexually and definitely lacks a brain-mouth filter, yet there's much we have yet to see and I'm hoping we'll get an even closer look in THE MISTRESS. She continues to struggle between the two men who have a hold on her heart:
Over the summer, she'd come to accept that she'd have to live without Wesley, that she couldn't be Søren's property and Wesley's ... whatever at the same time. Life with Søren seemed like a beautiful prison most days, a prison she chose, a prison she would never leave. Only Wesley's absence had made it feel like a punishment and not a palace ...

Wesley, how I adore thee. He continues to be the strongest among the bunch. He knows what he wants, but he refuses to compromise.
(view spoiler)
Kingsley, my dear Kingsley. I have no words. I am grateful for the peek into your past - laying your pain out there for the world to see. So brave, little prince, so strong, so sad.

With each book in the series, I feel I understand Søren a bit more. He still scares me, but he is becoming more real to me. I am anxious to learn more in THE MISTRESS and THE PRIEST.

As I've said in previous reviews for the series, this is not a hearts and flowers kinda romance. This is the most addictive series I've ever read. I read the books in 1-2 sittings and immediately wish I hadn't because the wait begins again. But, there's just no other way around it ... they keep me hungry for more.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a review copy of this book.

FIRST READ: Oct 29-30, 2012
RE-READ: Jan 1-8, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prince.

10/29/2012
31.0% "A library should be a palace."
10/29/2012
32.0% "I would have been an atheist but for you proving to me that both heaven and hell were real, even if they existed only when I was with you."
10/29/2012
41.0% "Damn you, RL, for interrupting me and my book. Fear not, my sweet Prince, I will return to you soon."
10/30/2012
58.0% "Quite a history these two share." 6 comments
10/30/2012
100.0% "Fucking hell. I'm exhausted. Not only because it's 1:30a and my contacts will probably have to be clinically peeled off of my eyeballs but also.... he heard that, they did all of that, then he did that and he wanted more of that and she wouldn't have that, so she did that, but who did this and why was that? He asked that and she said that, but probably meant this and shit, where's she at?! Book 4, I need you."
12/31/2012 page 1
0.0% "{Re-read w/AH}"
01/04/2013
56.0% "This, pardon my French, is a mindfuck. Which, as everyone in the underground knows, is your specialty. Someone is doing unto you what you do unto others."
01/07/2013
58.0% "I still love you as I did that night you broke me. You can break me again."
01/07/2013
100.0% "I feel as though I've run a marathon after reading these three books so close together. My original rating stands, but it has been interesting looking at these stories from a different angle, now that I know what happens in each of them. Oh where, oh where will Tiffany take us next? Are we there yet?"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Oohh...Kingsley's story. I am curious.

Steph Me too. Should be a good one.

message 3: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH I'll stalk NG with you. If I see it, I'll msg you.

Steph LOL! Ditto! :D