Shanan's Reviews > Lost in Time

Jun 19, 12

bookshelves: review-on-blog
Read in January, 2012

In A Nutshell:
After the frustration with Bloody Valentine, I admit that I did not jump into Lost In Time with the highest or most positive expectations. But I am so glad that I did finally pick it up because it was so much better and more engaging than I expected.

Review:
After reading Bloody Valentine, I was so disappointed that it almost made me want to stop reading this series. But I am glad I gave Lost In Time a chance because it brought back many of the aspects of the series that I had grown to love. In particular, I really loved how Melissa de la Cruz was able to string together three completely separate storylines (specifically Jack/Schuyler, Allegra/Ben/Charles, and Mimi/Kingsley/Oliver) without losing continuity or having the elements cross over between the storylines causing confusion.

The one issue that is very frustrating for me is the repeated references to Florence. I feel like we (as readers) have been patient with the references to this life style without substance and context. There were numerous times throughout this book where I wanted to scream "what happened in Florence--tell me already!"

But overall, I felt more drawn into the story of Mimi/Kingsley/Oliver. I found that I started to see Mimi as more than a shallow bitch--she revealed more emotion and more depth than I expected after stories up to this point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost in Time.