Joana Sarango's Reviews > Heart of the Matter

Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin

F_50x66
Jun 05, 14

Read in June, 2012

Emily Giffin did a great job with this book. She made me jubilant and upset all at the same time. I have never read a book that came so close something that happened to me as a child except she didn't step over that boundary. Her writing is quite fantastic and she doesn't overuse words like some other writers I know. She kept the story simple without getting off topic. It was written in two points of views even though I would have loved a third point of view. I'm only upset because the ending wasn't what I had expected especially since Giffin made Tessa seem so strong at first and then sort of ruined her in the end. I'm a little upset that I should have read Something Borrowed and Something Blue before reading this book because Dex and Rachel are in the other two and they show up in this book as well. I would definitely recommend it despite my three star rating which is only a three star rating because of the things it lacked: third point of view, powerful ending and more infidelity. Overall, she did a fantastic job and I cannot wait for her next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of the Matter.