Matt's Reviews > The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: 14 Amazing Authors Tell the Tales

The Chronicles of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg

Jun 19, 12

Read from June 10 to 15, 2012

I was originally introduced to this book's predecessor in a young adult literature class in college. I was really enticed by Van Allsburg's ability to created such intricate pictures with a caption begging for more of the story. That was exactly his intention, or I suppose "Harris Burdick's."

When I found this stumbling through B&N I instantly had to purchase it to read what 14 well-known young adult writers interpreted from the illustrations. These generally do not disappoint and do offer some closer to those us that are searching for a definitive meaning to each illustration, however the wickedly deadpan and amusing introduction from Lemony Snicket assures us these may or may not be Harris Burdick's exact stories.

To critical of the stories, may I remind you this book should be viewed more as a companion to the original and in no way should alter your initial experience when you observe the illustrations. These 14 lovely pictures will haunt imaginations for generations to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chronicles of Harris Burdick.