Kati's Reviews > Starman

198122
Dec 04, 08

bookshelves: 2008, work-translations, in-english, het, fantasy
Read in December, 2008

I would love to give this book more than three stars - but I can't. I really can't. The story itself is very intriguing and the plot twists quite unexpected, but! And there is a huge but. The characters. The characters are so badly drawn that it ruins the whole book. Faraday is there only to suffer and suffer and suffer some more, the born martyr and sacrifice rolled in one. Azhure is the perfect Mary-Sue that keeps getting more and more and more awesome as the series continues. And Axis? He's the biggest jerk that ever had the misfortune to draw breath. Throughout the book he just stands aside and watches Azhure do everything and moans "Azhure, why aren't you here?" whenever they are not together. So yes, it's hard to rate a book better when you dislike the main characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starman.

10/28/2008 page 28
11/06/2008 page 181
26.31% "OMG! Azhure is such a Mary-Sue! I bet that soon, she'll start walking on water too *rolls eyes*"
11/10/2008 page 235
34.16% "When the author stops pushing the Mary Sues that are Faraday and Azhure, it's actually a good book!"
11/10/2008 page 235
34.16% "You know, when the author stops pushing the Mary Sue buttons, it's actually a very good book!"
11/18/2008 page 370
53.78% "The borderline necrophilia part made me rather uncomfortable..."
11/21/2008 page 418
60.76% "OMG, Axis really lost his balls when he married Azhure..."
11/24/2008 page 446
64.83% "Douglass needs a thorough proof-reader. Full-stops missing, wrong names..."
11/25/2008 page 474
68.9% "What is actually Axis' job when Azhure can do EVERYTHING on her own?"
11/29/2008 page 550
79.94% "I'm so tired of the "Azhure knows all" show!"
12/02/2008 page 606
88.08% "Douglass could have found a different way for Gorgael to get his hands on Faraday, that was pretty dumb X("
12/02/2008 page 606
88.08% "Douglass could have found a different way for Gorgrael to get his hands on Faraday, that was pretty dumb X("
show 15 hidden updates…