Amy at bookgoonie's Reviews > One Grave at a Time

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Mar 17, 14

liked it
bookshelves: adult, series, own, vampires, 2012-read, ghost, paranormal, audiobook, 2014-read, library, urban-fantasy
Read from July 29, 2012 to March 17, 2014

As you know by now, I love this series. I love Cat and Bones. I love their kick-assness, saucy-ness, and chemistry. I also love many of the secondary characters. In this edition, Cat has finally matured in her relationship with Bones. She has finally stopped running off trying to protect him, which usually ends up hurting them both more. But I’m wondering if with that maturity, is the honeymoon over? Frost doesn’t give us nearly as many fangtastic moments in this book. And the one she does, had me pinching my eye brows and twisting my lips. Don’t hold out girl, give us the good stuff.

I really liked this villain. Kramer is a very despicable ghost and easy to hate. He is quite a force. I liked him as a villain much more than the ghouls and that crazy ex-husband of Cat’s. But he started getting on my nerves with all his throwing of stuff. Come on man, dig down deep and mix it up. Plus all the sage burning was tiresome. Sage and weed keep the ghosts away. Sage in the pockets, sage on the candles, throwing sage…it was kind of comical. I really like Tyler, the medium they call on to help with Kramer. He is funny. And Ian evolves and becomes more likable.

Since Don died, there are some serious changes coming down the pike. There is a new dude in town, Madigan. He is marking his territory and I mean like pissing on everything. This storyline gets introduced and put on hold. I think it will be fleshed and maybe played out in the next book.

I still love the series. Cat & Bones forever. But it was probably my least favorite in the series. It wounds my heart to say it. I am going to go heal it with Once Burned.

Ectoplasm hissy fits keep my favorite vampire couple busy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Grave at a Time.

07/29/2012 page 36
10.0% "Ghost story. Win."
07/31/2012 page 175
49.0% "Poor Cat keeps being Bones blocked"
07/31/2012 page 200
56.0% "Getting tired of this asshole ghost & all the flaming sage"
03/09/2014 marked as: currently-reading