Rose's Reviews > False Covenant

False Covenant by Ari Marmell

Jun 19, 12

Read in June, 2012

The adventure continues. I was pleasantly surprised to know that a second installment for Widdershin’s Adventures was coming out. I would highly recommend reading book one “Thief’s Covenant” to get some explanation of things, people, and such. I love how this author sets up the world and the characters in such a way you feel really vested in them. All the characters remained true from book 1 to book 2. That’s how you keep the series going.

Widdershin’s and of course Olgun’s story picks up from the last book and in no time are in over their heads in a new evil plot. This time the villain is really out there and I’d hate to meet up with him (or should I say it) in a dark corner. Beloved characters from the first book are there and relationships start to evolve. I love how that process was gradual and not rushed. Feelings and fluttering of the heart were evident to me in this book and I loved that aspect.

The ending…was just so much. It was appropriate, heartbreaking, full of promise, and complete. Oh yea this author went there and there was that moment when I had to put the book down and give a big ‘Oh no’. This author really knows how to pull on my heartstrings and I really felt this pluck. Bravo for creating such a endearing character and for having the guts to give that character a true and fitting end.

I’m usually a YA paranormal/dystopian reader but I couldn’t resist picking book 1 just based on the cover, but I was fortunate enough to find a great story behind that great cover. This series is incredible and one I highly recommend. I can’t wait for more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Covenant.