Samantha's Reviews > Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Dec 03, 13

bookshelves: adult-fiction, historical-fiction, fantastic-real-world
Read from June 19 to July 03, 2012

As soon as I finished A Discovery of Witches, I immediately went online to find out when I should expect the sequel. It was a long wait, but completely worth it. Harkness' view of Elizabethan London and Europe is just awesome, and the trip to Prague was an added bonus that I had not expected. Not only did the plot line get more compelling, but Harkness was also able to weave in the difficulties of the newly wed. I savored every minute of this novel, and I can hardly wait to get it on audio.

Audio was just outstanding and I think I will be a freak and listen to it again sooner rather than later :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Clare Mccain So the final book 3 when? I can't wait to read it.

Samantha I know I reread the first two almost constantly, but the author is still working on the third one so will be a bit yet. You can like her page on facebook and get updates.

Susan Scott do you know if an audio version is being done for books 2 & 3? I absolutely LOVED the audio of Discovery of Witches. I'm still obsessed.

Samantha There is an audio of Shadow of Night and it's the same reader and she is just as amazing in the second as the first. I would assume that the third will have an audio as well since the rest of the series is in audio format.

Susan Scott That is excellent news! Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm reading Shadow of Night at the moment, and enjoying it, but it's not quite the same...

Susan I LOVED both DoW and SoN! I loved her humor and wit. My husband is a Literature major so it was so fun to have the authors he reads be character that came alive in my book. I can't wait until The Book of Life comes out. Unfortunately since I do have to wait, what recommendations can anyone give for books similar to SoN?

Samantha Susan wrote: "I LOVED both DoW and SoN! I loved her humor and wit. My husband is a Literature major so it was so fun to have the authors he reads be character that came alive in my book. I can't wait until The B..."
You might try The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I also like a lot of the books by Sarah Addison Allen. But, alas, I have found nothing that compares to this series.