Lynn's Reviews > Raised by Wolves

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

4193245
Jun 19, 2012

Read in June, 2012

I have been reading a lot of vampire stories lately so I felt obligated to find some furrier books to read to even out the paranormal (though I do refuse to read about zombies -- sorry to any zombie affeciandos out there!) Somehow I was led to Jennifer Lynn Barnes and I can't remember if I read a review of a later work or just came across her web site -- the problem of being a librarian, you just hear about too many books.

Bryn was orphaned at the age of 4. A rogue were wolf killed her parents in an attempt to get at her. She was rescued by Callum a very old werewolf and she was given to a human woman to raise as her daughter. Bryn has been raised in the pack -- subject to their rules (mostly) and trained as best as they could train a human in amongst the wolves.

Life is going pretty well with just the usual hang-ups: needing better grades in algebra and needing to work out more for she is getting soft. When her 'mother' is giving birth to twins -- a very dangerous thing for a human to do with were wolves cubs ... Bryn takes it onto herself to see what the pack has been hiding and that night changes her life in a multitude of ways.

This book is great for it explores friendships and family ties. It is fast paced adventure and yet the characters are rich and very real. I am eagerly looking for the arrival of the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raised by Wolves.