Joanna's Reviews > Reunited

Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 19 to 20, 2012

Won an ARC through a Goodreads Giveaway, thanks Hilary & Goodreads!

I wasn't suprirsed by how much I enjoyed Hilary Weisman Graham's debut novel Reunited. I love stories featuring roadtrips and nostalgia so before starting I was prepared to fly through this contentedly. I wasn't prepared to immediately relate with three wonderfully realistic and flawed characters, and get caught up in their slapstick misadventures en route to the Level3 concert.

It would be easy to write off Reunited as fluff meant to be read beachside-and that's what it is on surface level-but the familial and friendship drama that the three friends face throughout the course of the novel is actually rather heavy. I liked seeing all the plotlines and problems intertwine and resolve at the end. Although I did find the build-up to the explanation of the Winter Wonderland Dance fiasco to be a bit much for what it really was. The best aspect of the book by far is the character's originality, and Ms. Weisman Graham's reluctance to fall into cheap clichés and stereotypes.

I finished this novel satisfied to have found the perfect summer read with substance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reunited.