Katrina's Reviews > Doors of Stone

Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss

Mar 12, 13

bookshelves: to-read

My lucky brother in law got to party with Mr. Rothfuss AGAIN this year at Comic Con. He said it's sounding like it'll be at least 2014 before the book is released. Not very surprising but very disappointing. I can't wait!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doors of Stone.

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex He has had the book written for over a year. He just re-edits his books over and over and over. He probably had the third book written in 2010, and he also spends time working on the books in the following trilogy that will go along with it. It just hasn't been published yet because he is balls to the wall on editing until it's perfect, instead of spitting out shitty books every 6 months like Nora Roberts, ha!

message 2: by Jaimie (new) - added it

Jaimie I watched an interview with Patrick where he said he wrote all 3 books in one go. It took him 7 years. So the book has been written he is just hanging onto it and perfecting it. Like wine or whisky, it will get better with age. Ironically it took him 7 years to write the book which is also a theme throughout the book.

message 3: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Welllllll...It's November 2014 and still no sign of the book...

message 4: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina I swear "Doors of Stone release date" has got to be one of the most googled phrases

message 5: by Ontrose (new)

Ontrose well, if I'm not wrong , he wrote the holy story in one volume. he had to split it in 3 books which all needed a finished part of the whole plot.
all that adjusting an rewriting etc is bound to need time. and better to wait for 2016 to get a good book then a medium or bad release earlier.

message 6: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Yeah, I've heard many times that he's had them all written this whole time but I agree it's worth the wait. I'm personally glad he kind of "held us over" with The Slow Regard of Silent Things. I love Auri!

message 7: by Solemn (new) - added it