Beth Dean's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Oct 27, 14

bookshelves: chicklit, erotica, fanfiction, romance, american-setting, english-author
Read from June 19 to 24, 2012

The last and final instalment in this all-too-addictive series is the perfect ending to our voyeuristic look into Christian and Ana's lives and what lives they have! In this one it's all wrapped up and tied up in a lovely silver tie.....

We start at their honeymoon and everything is as it should be, delightfully romantic scenes and eons of hot sex. We keep the controlling meglomaniac that is Christian (he has some issues with jet skis) but we meet a new side, a comprimising side. This evolution within their relationship is really exciting for anyone who's followed the series but perhaps not for anyone else, this therefore is me telling you to get in on the biggest selling adult paperback of all time.

However the honeymoon bubble bursts as is expected and the problems arise, but this is testament to them they battle through every nightmare, every part of their combined past which threatens their future happiness. That's something that doesn't happen that often, it's special and just another reason why they wind themselves around your heartstrings.

Ana asserts her dominance throughout the book which I loved, the powerplay between the two of them is a brilliant example of the modern romance I think, no helpless female here unless she wants to be that way. In this way this is my kind of feminism, a woman can be whatever she wishes to be and if that's helpless every now and again then that is alright.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.