Jennifer Kyle's Reviews > Captive in the Dark

Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

Jun 19, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, i-like-it-dark-and-twisted
Read on August 08, 2012

"I hated him, but I didn't either and I didn't understand anything anymore, least of all myself." -Livvie

Captive in the Dark...I loved it!! I can't wait for part 2 to come out. This was such a well written book that once I started reading, I couldn't put my Nook down. I think both Livvie and Caleb deserves to have someone who loves them. I hope they will end up with some kind of happily ever after but for the first time in my reading I don't care if they end up together. I found Livvie to be one smart, tough girl regardless of what the future books have in store for her my moneys on her to survive and come out on top.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive in the Dark.

08/08/2012
60.0% ""Don't worry Kitten I promised to make it better.""
08/08/2012
60.0% ""I hated him, but I didn't either and I didn't understand anything anymore, least of all myself.""
09/19/2016 marked as: read

Katie Oooohhh...I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events oh you beat me to this one!

Jennifer Kyle Just started and so far its really really captivating lol

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events Jennifer wrote: "Just started and so far its really really captivating lol"

that's funny, you cracked yourself up! So many books and so little time.

Jennifer Kyle (: Amy when will you get to this one so we can discuss?

Jennifer Kyle Katie I'm a little nervous heard it's pretty dark. Putting on my big girl panties and going for it!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this book, but I also hate it. lol. Can't wait to hear what you think!

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events Jennifer wrote: "(: Amy when will you get to this one so we can discuss?"

well , let me finish the bom which should be tonight. I am a sloooowwww reader. I will start tomorrow night, so we should be able to discuss this weekend. I already have the second one downloaded.

Jennifer Kyle Amy wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "(: Amy when will you get to this one so we can discuss?"

Looking forward to it Amy (:

Katie Jennifer wrote: "Katie I'm a little nervous heard it's pretty dark. Putting on my big girl panties and going for it!"

It's a little dark. And maybe a teeny-weeny bit disturbing. The title fits it so well though. It is VERY captivating. I was a little confused with how I felt about it once I finished it. I really enjoyed it, but wasn't sure if I should've so much (?)

I think you'll understand...

Katie Kim wrote: "I love this book, but I also hate it. lol. Can't wait to hear what you think!"

Ha! I totally understand what you mean! I loved & hated Caleb all at once....

Sorry, no more. Read, Jennifer, read! =)

Jennifer Kyle I just finished and I loved it! Only didn't like that I have to wait for next book!!

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events Jennifer wrote: "I just finished and I loved it! Only didn't like that I have to wait for next book!!"

Jennifer Kyle Amy wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I just finished and I loved it! Only didn't like that I have to wait for next book!!"

OMG you read this in one sitting? is it that good? I fell asleep and haven't started. uggg"

Yes Amy one sitting it's that good!!

Stephanie Jennifer wrote: "I just finished and I loved it! Only didn't like that I have to wait for next book!!"

I know Jen, same here. I hated that I couldn't keep going especially since it was such a hard read, I needed something to make feel better before it ended. I hope the next book leaves us happy.

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events loved it and would have read it in one sitting but had to go out for the day.

Jennifer Kyle Amy wrote: "loved it and would have read it in one sitting but had to go out for the day."

Part 2 is coming out September 1st I believe. I can't wait!!!

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events I just saw that. So glad i finally read this