Amanda Peterson's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Jun 19, 12

bookshelves: eng-356

Okay, so it is late at night and I just sat for a few hours and read this book straight up. I cried, I laughed, got annoyed at stupid Van Houten, and through all of that I may have found my new favorite book that I could reread and never get tired of it. I have a habit of reading the reviews of the book on the back cover, and the one from the New York Times book review, really states it best for me, "Green shows us true love-two teenagers helping and accepting each other through the most humiliating physical and emotional ordeals-and it is far more romantic than any sunset on the beach." This book truly embodies love, and proves what love is! I can say only one more thing about this masterpiece: if you do not read this book-you are an idiot.

WARNINGS:

Cancer/Death: People die! Cancer overcomes them.

Alcohol/Drug use: There is an alcoholic, underage drinking, a metaphorical smoker,and a lot of cancer drug use (obviously essential to life).

Sex: It insinuates that there is a sexual encounter between these two young lovers.

Language: This book is laced with curse-words, but in my opinion it is so very light and minimal. It does use the "F" word once.

Quotes Amanda Liked

John Green
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars