Ange's Reviews > The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue

The Zen of Social Media Marketing by Shama Kabani

Jun 19, 12

Read from June 18 to 19, 2012

Do you ever read a book and think, "Gosh, this would be great for (insert certain type or person's name here)?" You liked the book enough, but for some reason it didn't resonate completely with you or impress you much. You wanted to like it. You really gave it your best, but deep down, the book was not a fit for you?

The Zen of Social Media Marketing is something I would recommend for the beginner in social media marketing, a savvy business person with a propensity for how-to education and very little knowledge of marketing or social media. As for me, having worked in marketing and using the various social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+) often, I really didn't glean much from this book. I mean, really, you're going to tell us how to use Facebook? I know there's a demographic for this book, but it certainly wasn't me!

All that said, it was an easy read and it didn't eat up too much time. It provided me with good examples and screen shots and case studies, so had I been a beginner, I would have found it all very helpful and rewarding. All in all, I wish I would have been able to invest my money in something a bit more up to speed with a seasoned marketing agent. Sometimes veterans like to learn something new too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zen of Social Media Marketing.