Eunice's Reviews > Broken

Broken by Megan Hart

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: adult, contemporary, death-tragedy-suicide, damn-gorgeous-males, favourites, realistic-fiction, romance, tear-jerking
Recommended to Eunice by: Anna
Read from July 07 to 08, 2012

If there is an erotic novel I would recommend and wouldn't be really embarrassed, okay, maybe a little, some parts of it were definitely way out of my comfort zone but still I think it would be this book. It was so much more than I had expected. I was surprised to find that this book has such a wonderful plot and depth that was just so emotionally gripping and utterly heartbreaking. I'd never thought a novel of this genre would make quite an impact on me but this one did.

What's so wonderful about this book was how the author captured the struggles and emotions of each characters beautifully yet realistically through words and phrases in a way that would make you be involved with them, be connected with them in such a level that you could totally feel and understand what they were going through.

It was so easy to sympathized with them yet it was hard to think what you really want to happen to them. I was torn between wanting Sadie and Adam's situation and relationship to heal and be better and wanting Joe and Sadie's companionship turn into something more and deeper.

Sadie's internal struggles of finding out who she is after everything that had happened, of looking for someone who could provide her needs, someone who could make her feel special, someone who could talk to her and ask her about her problems, someone who could take care of her for once was so utterly poignant and heartbreaking that forced me to shed some few tears.

For once, I found myself reading a book where I cannot hate any of the main characters. No matter how flawed or wrong or frustrating they could be. I was left to understand them and their situation. And with that I saw how strong and admiring these characters could be too.

Although this was categorize as an erotic-romance novel I could say that it is way more than that. I'm not much into this kind of genre and even though some parts of it were quite uncomfortable for me, setting those aside, the emotional aspect of this book and it's profundity is absolutely wonderful and very compelling. I love how the author crafted her words into such beautiful and riveting lines and dialogues that could bring out intense emotions from you. I'm glad I was able to read this. This was such a new but wonderful experience for me. I recommend this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Anna I am glad you liked this. This was deep and emotional, for an erotic novel. I recommend Dirty by the same author. That one's very nice too. :)

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam Erotic novels are not really my cup of tea either, but it sounds like this has real depth and emotion. Great review, Eunice! :)

message 3: by Aa'Ishah (new)

Aa'Ishah I saw this before and absolutely dismissed it, because this type of novel is really not my thing. But it sounds much more powerful than it looks. Lovely review, Eunice. :)

Eunice Thank you ladies! Curiosity could be so convincing sometimes, really. And I'm glad I gave in to it. Haha! There were parts the were certainly uncomfortable for me but the depth and emotions here were just so intense and poignant. I was more focused on the emotional struggle of the MC that I did't give that much care on the erotic stuffs. :)

message 5: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Valentine LOL I think this is the first time I've ever been intrigued by an erotica novel! Most other times, I run the other way x) Amazing review, Eunice! :) <3

message 6: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ I think it's Anna's review I read of this one. It does sound heartbreakingly good. Brilliant review Eunice. :)

Eunice Thank you, Mimi and Rachel! I was really intrigued when I saw Anna's review of this so I gave this a try. And I was surprised to find myself being moved by the story. I think you're gonna like this one, Rachel! :D