Valentina's Reviews > Flight of Blue

Flight of Blue by A.E. Howard

Jul 28, 12

Read in July, 2012

This was a fantastic middle grade book that captured my attention and held it until the very end. There was something so magical about it, doing what good books tend to do: putting the real world to the side.
There’s so much good stuff here. The characters are believable, which sometimes in middle grade fiction can be a challenge, since so many writers seem to forget exactly how pre-teens speak. But Ms. Howard does a wonderful job of creating engaging and fully developed characters. One of my favorites was the Opossum. And this is not only because I love opossums, but because he was such a fascinating, hilarious character. He steals every scene he’s in.
The pacing is well done as well. I can easily see a middle grade reader enjoying this without feeling bored at any point. The bit of world building that the author shares is a good amount, never overwhelming the reader with too many details.
If you love fantasy, I’d definitely recommend this one. It’s a fresh, new series that will engage you and keep you highly entertained.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flight of Blue.