Sitt 's Reviews > The Weeping Empress

The Weeping Empress by Sadie S. Forsythe

Jun 28, 12

Read from June 18 to 28, 2012

Being a Fan of Japanese fighting movies and recently also into action video games like call of duty made it for me easy to follow the action filled novel. I am rather got used to this form and I might as well see that this novel will make an excellent playstation or xbox game which I would want to play rather than read. This way it is more graphical. I imagine to play in the novels heroine character Chiyo who is taken by a supernatural force out of her modern natural environment and placed into another world, that has no particular background information until you read several chapters and even then I wasn't fully satisfied. Though the idea to implement the idea of Chiyo the heroine and empress to be of the vast land of Dashkalil. But for a game it might be alright. The description of the fighting scenes is immense, I didn't had any knowledge of samurai fighting at all, here you will get a glimpse of what it is like with some of its rules. This might as well be integrated very well into the game with different levels of expertise and ascension in degree and levels.
But this novel is not for everyone, even those that are into adventure fantasy with supernatural context. Accordingly for myself, one time reading is enough.

I like the fantasy stories more descriptive making the background information detailed, but am glad that I tried out something totally unfamiliar to my reading style.

As I said earlier I find this novel to be an excellent adventure action game in progress, that I would want to play eagerly but don't need to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weeping Empress.

06/28/2012