Russ Crossley's Reviews > 61 Hours

61 Hours by Lee Child

Jun 18, 12

Read in June, 2012

I feel the author cheated. The title is 61 hours which is a classic thriller style of using a countdown so the reader has to turn the page. This is what Childs does from page one. Problem is at the end when the 61 hours expires it has nothing to do with the main plot of the story. In fact it expired and nothing happened.

Also, the "hero" murders people in cold blood as I suspect some form of "justice". Executing unarmed people no matter how bad they are is revolting and reprehensible. He's no better than the criminals he claims he's after. One thing I did not buy at all was one of the villains is obvious as soon as he appears. Even the "hero" alludes he knows this when he says he knew who he was 31 hours before. Well then, if he knew he should have stopped him before he murders two people.

And the ending is unclear. It wraps up in the last chapter of exposition and is unclear about what happens to the "hero".

The plot and suspense are good and Childs is a good writer but this book was a huge disappointment. I cannot recommend this book.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 61 Hours.