Margaret's Reviews > Not Proper Enough

Not Proper Enough by Carolyn Jewel

Jun 18, 2012

Read in June, 2012

Fenris is a Marquess who has been in love with Lady Eugenia for a long time. He stood aside while his best friend married her and made her very happy. Now that the Lady is a widow, he is determined not to let her slip through his fingers again. He will do anything in his power to make her his wife; even if it meant trapping her by having her with child.
Lady Eugenia is a widow for a few years. She has come back to London as a sponsor for a friend’s daughter for the season. She is determined to find a nice, respectable man for her. Eugenia is also determined to fall in love ever again. She thinks that she should be alone for the rest of her life to honor her deceased husband.
Throughout the season, Fenris made time to flirt and spend time with Eugenia. He was determined to remind her that her husband wanted her to live life and be happy. Eugenia, finally relented that she should live her life and be happy. She also admitted that she was in love with him. Due to her unusual state, they married in secret. She knew that she would love him for the rest of her life because he promised that she would never be unhappy again.
I still cannot believe how Fenris convinced Eugenia that she was in love with him. Let alone marry him. But I guess that is what happens when you are in love with each other. I was not surprised with who Lady Eugenia’s charge ended up with. There are no two people more suitable for each other then they are. I am completely happy that both couples got their happily ever after. It is always nice to finish a bout that makes you smile at the end.
This book is completely amazing. I could not put it down until it was completely finished. It is an amazing sequel to Not Proper Enough. Carolyn Jewel’s writing is a wonderful read full of good humor and not stops entertainment.
I highly recommend this book to those readers who love historical romances. You will not be disappointed with this read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Proper Enough.