Andrea (Cozy Up With A Good Read)'s Reviews > Tigers in Red Weather

Jul 30, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

This review and others can be found on Cozy Up With A Good Read

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this novel, a part of me was expecting some mystery along with a family working through things together. The premise really drew me in, especially with telling this story from five different points of view.

I did have a few issues in the beginning following each character's view because each person has their own story to tell. But as I continued with the book I understood how each story connected with the story as a whole. It was interesting to see what brought each character to where they are at the end of the story. Klaussman does a beautiful job with her descriptions of everything, each character has a distinct voice throughout the story.

The family dynamic was interesting, the closeness of each character and how they fit in the family. I was really interested in the story of Nick and Helena, I wanted to know what brought them back together after all those years and why they were acting in such a way (especially the way Helena was towards Nick).

I definitely was not expecting what came out of this novel and how everything ended. It was a lot more emotional for me than I was expecting, and it was beautifully constructed. Klaussman definitely had me hanging on, leaving many questions unanswered and then moving on to another story, but as you piece together each story, all those questions are eventually answered. I felt like I was doing a puzzle while reading this book.

This book was very well written and beautiful for a debut book. With beautiful descriptions of each character, Klaussman has woven together an amazing story about family life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers in Red Weather.