Britta's Reviews > The Last Princess

The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze

Jun 26, 12

Read from June 18 to 20, 2012

I love a good dystopian/post apocalyptic story... but I have to say, most, if not all of these types of stories that I read take place in the US (or what's left of it). It was interesting to see the action take place somewhere else, in Great Britain specifically (because I mostly think in a British accent anyway).

I know I'll do a bad job of summary, so read the summary above which does a really good job of describing the book. Although the plot was intriguing, there was something that just wasn't clicking for me. For one, the time aspect was just so skewed. The novel is supposed to take place in the future, but the language and lack of technology (albeit destroyed) made it seem to be happening in the past. Also, there seemed to be a huge disconnect between the main character's life and the rest of the world. I get that she is royalty, but it is impossible that her position would be able to save her from the apocalypse. It just didn't make sense. I also wish that the story went more into how London became in such ruin.

That being said, there were plenty of redeeming qualities in the novel. I was not meshing completely with the main character, but I really appreciated all the supporting roles. I was rooting for Eliza's siblings the whole time. Although a few characters freaked me out and made me cringe (another thing: some scenes are graphic), I loved when they appeared in the pages because they were interesting and unpredictable. Also, there was a great amount of action. Fast-paced, intense, grossly graphic action, which is sometimes just what you were craving (because we're all partly sadists deep down).

So should you pick it up? If the plot and action interest you, I'd say go for it... just try to leave your attachments to realism behind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Princess.

06/18/2012 page 26
06/19/2012 page 188
64.0% "Things are bothering me ..."
show 4 hidden updates…