Kathleen Huben's Reviews > The Case of the Missing Servant: From the Files of Vish Puri, Most Private Investigator

The Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall

Nov 12, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads, mystery
Read from October 10 to November 11, 2012

From the files of Vish Puri comes, "The Case of the Missing Servant." Vish Puri, founder and managing director of Most Private Investigators, Ltd., spends most of his time doing background checks on proposed marriage partners, but when a prominent attorney is accused of murdering his maid he turns to Vish Puri for help. As he works through the case, uncovering the true chain of events, Puri's skill as a detective is allowed to shine.
This book was a lot of fun. Hall gives the reader a feeling for life in contemporary India, with the sometimes incomplete and uncomfortable blending of traditional and modern lifestyles. I was impressed by his skill in writing "dialect dialogue" and enjoyed his style of gentle humor. I was sorry to reach the end of this volume and am looking forward to reading Puri's next case.
I received this book as a Goodreads First Read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Case of the Missing Servant.