TL Jeffcoat's Reviews > Exhale

Exhale by Kendall Grey

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: favorite-books, reviewed, modern-fantasy, epic, romance
Read from June 18 to July 15, 2012

I was stunned by the ending. Once again, Kendall delivered a riveting urban fantasy story with a big finish that left the future of Gavin and Zoe uncertain.

I'm loving the Earth Elementals and I sure hope there are more of them in the last book. I felt that Exhale was a bit slower than the previous book, but I figure that's because I'm not much of a romantic and that is what the major focus of this book was. The growing passion between Zoe and Gavin. I also learned a lot about whales in this book, which is a good thing since whale awareness is what all the sales proceeds are going towards for this trilogy.

The ending of this book had my mind reeling with all kinds of emotions. Seeing everything go wrong from Gavin's point of view was perfect. The villain in this series is a real piece of work. I finally understand what has driven her to her madness, but I still want her to die a slow painful death. When a reader feels that way, that's when you know you wrote an awesome villain. One that will not be forgotten for a long time.

Every scene in this book is written so richly that not only could I see everything in my head, I tasted it, smelt it and felt it. Even the steamy sex scenes. Very nice and nothing unrealistic either about those sexy moments.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exhale.

06/18/2012
5.0% "Dove into this book and right have the bat I was sucked in. Damn you Kendall with that perfect happily ever after ending in Inhale to have reality come crashing down right at the start of Exhale. For anyone who thought the ending of Inhale was too perfect, then your realists should read the first chapter of Exhale and see how Zoe reacts to Gavin's real self. I loved it!"
06/18/2012
5.0% "Dove into this book and right off the bat I was sucked in. Damn you Kendall with that perfect happily ever after ending in Inhale to have reality come crashing down right at the start of Exhale. For anyone who thought the ending of Inhale was too perfect, then your realists should read the first chapter of Exhale and see how Zoe reacts to Gavin's real self. I loved it!"
07/09/2012
68.0% "The pieces are all falling together in a timely manner. I'm enjoying the twists that occurring now."
show 4 hidden updates…