Linda Walters's Reviews > Faith and Other Flat Tires: Searching for God on the Rough Road of Doubt

Faith and Other Flat Tires by Andrea Palpant Dilley

F 50x66
Jun 18, 2012

it was ok
Read in June, 2012

I both liked and disliked this book. What an odd thing to have to say. I found interesting the things she shared about her family, about part of her life as she was raised as a missionary kid in Africa, and her coming back to America and feeling out of sync with this new life. Unfortunately her references to "The Pilgrim's Progress" were wasted on me. I have vaguely heard of it but that's all; so that wasn't helpful to my reading the book at all. One thing I come away with is what her mom had raised her with: the acronym Go M.A.D. meaning Make a Difference. Ironically the very thing her mother helped plant as a desire in her heart was also one of the things that she was searching so hard for and feeling like it just wasn't possible. One of the things I didn't enjoy about the book was that it seemed to be endless with confusion, her going around and around in circles, but then again can't life be like that when we're searching?

I received this book FREE from Zondervan. This is my honest opinion of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith and Other Flat Tires.